Junior Web Developer
Overit is looking for a motivated and talented Junior Web Developer to build and manage hosted websites and applications. As a full-service advertising and creative agency, we provide a fun fast-paced working environment. The development team works remotely, however, the office is in a converted church in Albany, NY and is open to anyone who would prefer to work in the office.
You'll be responsible for:
Be ready to show us your work and your ability to think outside the box. If you are efficient, productive, and ready to code — we want to hear from you.
- Hands on experience with PHP/MySQL
- Building WordPress plugins, themes, and custom Gutenberg Blocks
- Maintain well-documented and reusable code
Preferred but not necessary skills
- Experience building HTML email and display banner ads
- Understands and uses version control – GIT
We believe in:
Overit is the full-service marketing agency known for making startups feel recognizable and household names feel modern. We’re a team of 40+ highly-skilled creative- and data-focused marketers committed to new ideas, new technology, and connecting audiences to the things they love. We’ve been called a Best Place to Work, Best Place In Show, and the agency to call when you’re ready to kick things up a notch. We’re looking for a standout individual to join our team. You’re a good fit for our team if you are:
- A rockstar – You’re not afraid to show off your skills or to throw down inspiration. You are excited by new ideas and solving challenges in creative unheard-of, creative ways.
- Adventurous – You are motivated to go above and beyond — ready and willing to learn and take risks. You are on top of your game when learning about and working with new techniques, technologies, and platforms.
- Play well in the sandbox – We are a full-service agency. Our work demands that we collaborate effectively and enthusiastically with strategists, creatives, developers, content creators, marketers, account and project managers, and clients. There’s no room for egos on this team — we all work together and support one another to create the best possible outcomes.
- Ready to jam – You must be able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines without compromising quality. Time-management skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Respectful – You respect your teammates, community, talent, and other people. Our clients put enormous trust in us, and we honor it by not just what we do but how we do it.
- Pay: $43,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Simple IRA Benefit and Contribution
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and professional development opportunities
- Team lunches and events
- Maternity/ Paternity leave
- Creative, fun work environment (with coworkers you’ll actually like)