“It’s 4:18 AM. I just had the craziest dream. I have to tweet about it.”
Sound familiar? Our relationship with social media has become an obsession. Whether it is Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram or any of the other countless social media websites, we are constantly checking and updating our profiles and statuses for the world to see. If you are guilty of any of the following bad social media habits, you might be a bit obsessed as well.
1. You would rather have a Google+ Hangout than actually hang out with your friends.
2. Every picture you take is through Instagram.
3. You are the mayor of multiple locations on Foursquare.
4. You would rather browse Pinterest than go shopping with friends.
5. You need to check what’s trending on Twitter every hour.
6. You have connections with people on LinkedIn you have never met in person and do not intend to meet.
7. You Facebook stalk people you do not know regularly.
If you find yourself guilty of any of these, do not worry too much – you are certainly not alone, as I am guilty of many of these bad habits.
We want to know, what else would you add to this list?
You know you’re obsessed with social media when…