So you want a website. You might even want to have an online business or have a web presence for your offline business. In any event, to find success you’ll need to have an idea backed by all of the following:
1. You’ll turn that idea into a web-based concept in order to meet your goals.
2. This needs an effective plan.
3. If you want to find web success you had better create effective website experiences (ex: excellent design & content) or else you’ll fall flat on your face and risk throwing money away.
4. You’ll have to take into consideration website usability and even website accessibility.
5. You’re going to need to know how people are navigating the web so that you can be found.
6. Start understanding the goals of a search engine because a lot of that web navigating is happening on the major search engines.
7. Understand search engine results and what an algorithm is.
8. Get a grasp of search engine optimization and know how to measure your traffic using analytics.
9. Gear your content towards offering something of value to your visitors and learn how to signal the search engines that you are the authority in your niche, for better rank and more traffic.
10. Understand why good web design is every part as important as that mentioned prior, but don’t forget the importance of good, clean web development to make that design effectively come alive online.
11. You might want to learn a thing or two about social media marketing and marketing online in general.
12. Start creating positive signals and avoid delivering interference online. Shape your success, don’t expect it to just happen.